24 Nov 2012

Secret Girls Buisness

 
 






 




Some time ago I was asked if I would like one of my fashion posts from My Passport To Style (Every ones A Winner) to feature in a new book release called Secret Girls Business, my fashion post was about the trend for wearing underwear as outerwear, the book by Maggie Hamilton encourages teenage girls to connect with their creativity and forget conformity. I wish I had one of these knocking around when I was thirteen. Secret Girls Business covers fashion ideas, body image, vintage fashion, creativity and relationships.




I was really excited to be asked to be part of this book, particularly because I feel passionately that helping young women to feel good about their body image and sense of self through fashion is really valuable and very necessary.


 I do need to give a shout out regarding the photography, there's a bit of a story behind it, I decided to pass on a blue beaded and net skirt of mine to one of my favourite bloggers who I shared a love of the colour blue with and was one of the first bloggers to like my blog you may know the blog Bluebird Notes. After receiving the skirt from me, Koralee wrote a sweet thank-you blog post and took some lovely photos of my beaded skirt, these ended up being used in the book Secret Girls Buisness along with my words, so thanks to her for sharing her images.