11 Jul 2010

DIY Fashion Time Again!



Hi Gals, my lovely pink camera is back from being mended hooray!!! So I decided to celebrate it's eagerly awaited return, with a DIY fashion post today! I get so excited, when something simple and unexpected can do double duty and and add a welcome twist to my wardrobe.
 I love the simplicity of this summers utility look, it works really well for my hour glass curves. I'm sure you gal's all have a purse/bag or two, with a detachable strap? Well feeling a tiny bit bored with my current wardrobe of belts, earlier this week I injected some utility chic into my look, by using a variety of handbag / purse strap's to create a range of utility style belts. Here are the results, what do you think, fashionable frolickers and reader's?

   

 mmm, which bag strap, shall I use to update my wardrobe of belt's and create a more eclectic look?

 

What a cute little line up, all ready to be styled up!



Top tip - make sure, the weight and texture of your utility belt/handbag strap, works as well as the colour! Double wrapped this bubble gum  pink belt/handbag strap over this grey blue origami dress, the contast is fun!






Add interest, to this simple utility look, by layering two shirt's, creating a pretty double collar


Simple grey denium shirt dress is given a expensive look, with this designer strap in burgendy with lovely brass hardwear. The beauty of these belts is you can afford to eat a few more fairy cakes and not worry, most detachable bag/purse straps have alot of additional length adjustment!! Tee hee!



I added this heavy duty weekend bag strap in burgundy, to this gorgeous animal print, light weight parker coat in dusky brown, the heavy duty brushed steel clip, looks striking and emphasises the waist of this parker in a casual way.



Have fun!

                                    

11 comments:

Raven said...

That's a cute little idea! Never would have thought...

highheeledlife said...

What a clever idea...Hope you are having a great week-end .. I have a little something for you on my latest post ... pop on over when you have a chance to collect it. you will find it here;
http://attitudeivlife.blogspot.com/2010/07/awards-to-share-thank-you-friends.html
Cheers, HHL

koralee said...

What a great idea!!!! I never would of thought of that..you amaze me my friend with your talent. Just wait tell I tell my daughters...they will love you!
Happy day sweet one. oxxo

o said...

hi, sharon! hope ure enjoying the weekend:) what an awesome idea! i'll have to go through my handbags and see which straps i could work with. thanks for the inspiration!:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Chronicles of Dolliedaydream said...

These look fab Sharon although the letters D.I.Y. in your blog post title nearly brought me out in a cold sweat lol! Hope you've had a lovely weekend xxx

iheartart said...

Oh man Sharon - you are way too clever. Now my challenge will be to have a strap long enough to wrap casualy around my waist!
Katie xx

My Passport to Style said...

Luggage straps work best if you are a curvy gal, or try two small straps clipped together for a cool two tone effect!Would love to see a photo, when your done! Hugs, Sharon xx

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the comment and the follow, it's lovely to meet another UK blogger! And I do follow quite a few Brits so feel free to scroll through my favourite blogs and find them. Love your blog! xxx

Unknown said...

Great idea! Love the weekend bag strap against the animal print parka, Have a sweet day!

Lynzy said...

Just found your blog and I love it<3 This is such a great lil' idea you have here!
visit me sometime?
xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Angela said...

very smart and savvy!

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....