26 Nov 2012

HEATTECH BY UNIQLO REVIEW| MY PASSPORT TO STYLE






A short time ago I made solemn and very difficult vow to myself that this year the lead up to Christmas was not going to be my signal to eat every adorable chocolate santa and reindeer that crossed my path. Shortly afterwards Uniqlo  approached me and invited me to review their slim line (my words) HEATTECH range which celebrates its tenth anniversary this year, the timing could not have been better, I'm a big fan of their extensive range of prints and was excited to discover they have recently partnered Orla Kiely, which means more beautiful affordable prints and colours in wafer thin fabrics that can help me fight the pre Christmas bulge but still keep me warm, maybe I could relax my self imposed  pre Christmas chocolate ban and indulge in the odd chocolate reindeer.

I received a pale blue roll neck and a pair of wine coloured leggings edged with lace through the post to test for the purpose of this review, I loved the packaging, each item was so fine it could be packed into a crisp packet sized shiny foil envelope which somehow felt very sci fi and fun! The fabric was really soft to touch and here is where I blind you with science, the fibres contain milk proteins which helps create a velvety soft fabric, HEATTECH turns moisture evaporating from the body into heat and air pockets within the fabric keeping the warmth close to the skin.I decided to put my leggings and polo set to the test by wearing them with a royal blue polyester 60's shift dress of mine and my rain mac  while I popped into town, despite windy conditions I felt warm, not toasty warm, just right really, which I guess is good as otherwise there could be the possibility of overheating.
 I don't really like to wear wool roll neck sweaters, because I don't like lots of bulk round my neck so I was pleased that I could tap into this classic trend particularly as I am a fan of the sixties look and have a love of the A-line shift dress and shirt dresses which work well using a roll neck as a layering piece, I have found with cotton roll necks they can ride up your body after wearing them for a little while and moving around in them, the tension of the fabric in the roll neck meant that I could move freely without having to yank the hem back down. Another feature in the HEATTECH range is an anti-bacterial agent which helps minimise odour and anti static properties, the range offers scoop necks and regular long sleeved T's, leggings, camisoles, bra tops, scoop neck T's and socks in a lovely selection of prints and colours from classic polka dots to my favourite origami prints in pinks and monochrome featured below (watch out for the latest HEATTECH prints featuring Orla Kiely they launch on the 3rd of December, I have my eye on an amazing diagonal print) which  give you the option to layer for additional warmth without any extra inches, now I just need to decide on what to treat myself to first a box of chocolate penguins or a large chocolate santa? Have you got a favourite piece in your wardrobe from Uniqlo?     

1 comments:

Winnie said...

I wear Heattech's almost all the time - they're so great for layering aren't they?

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....