6 Nov 2012

Filling A Cake Shaped Hole



 
 

Filling A Cake Shaped Hole

I have decided to go on a voyage of cake baking discovery, largely due to the fact that I recently got addicted to watching the Great British Bake Off and it has left a sizable cake shaped hole in my life but also because I'm just pretty passionate about baking.I can whip up a mean brownie but I'm in need of a new challenge and so have decided to do this properly and have joined my local cake club my cakey user name is Cherry Bakewell one of my tea time favourites.The club is called the Clandestine Cake Club and they are springing up all over the UK as well as overseas so watch out for one in your local area.
 
 
The idea is pretty simple, the Clandestine Cake Club release a cake theme every month, Decembers is pantomime cakes, you can't bake any small cakes, so cupcakes are forbidden, but you have complete creativity to create a cake of your choosing based on the theme, no more than fifteen people get to bake and bring a cake to the chosen venue to share and you don't get to know the location till the day of the event.
 

 Let Them Eat Cake

 Then you eat lots of cake, so how hard can it be I can already bake and eating it is clearly not a problem, well I can make great tasting cake but other than a couple of smarty cakes I have knocked out in the past I'm less confident about the decoration of large cakes, so I'm hoping to maybe pick up some cake decorating tips and learn how to make my cakes look more stylish and appealing. Any favourite easy cake decorating tweaks or cheats for an icing beginner like me or suggestions for a pantomime theme welcome.   
 
 

2 comments:

Josie said...

I make cakes so that I have an excuse to eat the leftover frosting. I wish that was a joke.
xo Josie
www.winksmilestyle.com

My Passport to Style said...

Hi Josie, thanks for sharing I make cakes so I can scrape the bowl and lick the mixture of the spoon! :) xx

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....