11 Aug 2011

My Passport to Style | Wedding Outfit Post Breaking With Tradition


Hi Gals, hope your having a fun weekend! I was inspired to feature a wedding outfit post on My Passport to Style today, after visiting the talented Pocket Stylist and this gorgeous bridal shoot she styled, do take a peek I love her work.

I decided to break with tradition for my nieces wedding and forgo the usual dress or two piece suit won at weddings when I fell hook line a sinker for this this elegant indigo linen jump suit (Skye Jumpsuit) in the Great Plains sale, firstly as most of you know by now navy is my neutral colour of choice, if you don't check my profile picture! I love navy, it's such a flattering colour against olive skin tones like my own.



To elevate navy to wedding status you need to team it with strong colours like fushia, yellow, ruby red and black. So I opted for these dramatic black suede wedges from Clarks (Ski Lift) I love the lattice detailing and the front opening really slims the ankle. Rather than a blazer which would mask the great cut of this jumpsuit I'm thinking I will wear a black sheer shrug like this one from Matalan which has a sweet vintage feel.




 I will be wearing my hair up and a pair of giant cream pearl earrings and my lola rose bracelet, as I think matching all your accesorise can be a bit boring. I found these lush velvet purses from the perfect handbag company  but which colour do I opt for? Do I go for a classic look with the ruby clutch or a more edgy feel with the gold.What do you gals think? Which would you pick?




    



    

2 comments:

Winnie said...

Loving the look of those shoes Sharon!

Sarah Klassen said...

This is a lovely alternative to a dress, I quite agree. And with very elegant touches, can take the entire look up a notch. I adore both clutches, but especially the last one :)

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....