26 Jun 2011

Autumn/ Winter 2011 Runway Detailing



This may sound strange but generally Autumn/Winter 2011 runway collections are my favourite, as I revel in the use of varied texture in clothing, it adds character to even the most basic look. This Prada coat in exqusite peachy fur is shorn on along the length of the outer arm to reveal a runway (no pun intended) of nude suede and the elegant round suede collar and side fastening placket, punctuated with juicy lipstick red buttons.This is mirrored in the buckle detailing on the models belt. The clever architecture of this piece elongates the body and creates a regal decadence, not sure about the yellow clutch though! What do you think?


This sneak peak from Chanels fall collection could forcast that monotone will feature big in their Autumn/Winter collection I like the tone on tone grey tweed and floral fans ephasising the shoulderline of this coat, I am hoping for a elegant oriental 40s feel to their collection, watch this space!



 Textured Autumn/Winter look number 3 by Giorgio Armani has what I term the lickable effect, I am so inspired by Armani's in one sense simple colour palette in this fall look, which cunningly creates so much drama and has a almost gothic appeal. The wavey lines on the mac evoke visions of a mens comb being dragged through black paint. The subtle sheen on the models mac and accessories, give them a aristocratic vintage mexican feel, conker brown with large opal detailing I love!   
  

Images courtesy of Nina Garcia



                                   

1 comments:

Splenderosa said...

Great post, Sharon. I love the details. Well, of course, I would...jewelry designer that I am.
xx's

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....