24 Sept 2009

True Colours Are Beautiful



As most of you fashionistas out there are probably aware, the natural world has been a huge source of inspiration for fashion designers all over the globe, from reworking prints such as leopard and zebra to using poweful images of animals such as gorillas and prehistoric animals on T-shirts and dresses. So I decided to get jiggy with the whole animal kingdom inspiration thing and today my muse is the the little ladybird.Tiny it may be, but from a colour perspective it packs a punch, translate that into the world of fashion and you're onto a winning formula, at least for those of you out there, who like to get noticed! Beware this colour combo is not for the faint of heart! My advice keep hair and makeup simple. So here are some of my favourite ladybird looks for this A/W, some as usual are a little playful! In case any of you are wondering, the red and black sculpture of a eighteenth century lady is a cake! Sx












10 comments:

Unknown said...

I love ladybirds - such strong colours, yet delicate creatures.
Very nice!!

Anonymous said...

Lady bugs are adorable.I love black and red together.Iam brunette and I love those colors on me alot.The phots are awesome.I love the gown with the tiny roses at the bottom.I love the 3rd pic as well.Im a new follower, love your page.

BALLET NEWS said...

Sharon, thank you so much for adding me to your blog list - very grateful ! Love this post, apparently there are quite a few diferent types of ladybird so in theory you could have quite a few colour combinations - I believe one of them is orange !

High-Heeled Foot in the door said...

Fun inspirations! I love lady bugs and whenever I think of the red/black combo Betty Boop always comes to mind. Happy to see her pictured!

beachvintage.com said...

Yes, it is amazing how we can gather inspiration from nature. It's wonderful really. Thanks Sharon for dropping by Beach Vintage and leaving a comment.

Maria Confer said...

I'm such a huge fan of black, white, and red. It's an obsession of mine.

lululetty.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love that hat! Love red too, so I am happy! suzie. xxx

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

What a lovely source of inspiration. That bag is too cute!

Duchess of Tea said...

Lovely...I love all the red. Darling, I came by to thank you for visiting me often… you are a good friend. Today was a gorgeous day and I hope that it will stay sunny the entire weekend. I wish you a lovely and sunny weekend.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Hetty Summers said...

I stumbled upon your blog, through Rose Tea Cottage, the Duchess's blog. I am a new blogger and very excited about the blogging experience. I am honored to have found your fantastic blog.


Hetty xx

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....