26 Sept 2009

This Weeks Style Dispensary, Featuring Sher Of Beneath The Crystal Stars



This weeks Style dilemma comes from Sher of Beneath The Crystal Stars, she asked me for Style Advice on how to wear her favourite skirt.


                                        
I can understand why Sher would struggle, her tartan skirt is such a pretty style, but this colour is nortoriously hard to wear as the red has almost a fluorescent tone, so it needs to be handled with extreme caution! Sher has done the right thing working this trend, through wearing a skirt rather than a top, as the colour is very hard to wear next to your face. The good news is all the colours this skirt should be teamed with, to temper its brash colour are perfect for Shers beautiful asian skin tone and will help her look luminous rather than sallow, these are navy, black, grey and silver.Sher and I share the same skin tone, as my father, who as some of you will know is asian, so these colours work well for me too!
Ok, on to Style, I believe that to create the most stylish tartan look, you need to be true to the skirts herritage and stick to classic pairings whilst giving a more modern feel through the use of accesories.I teamed a navy argyle polo, with beautiful suede snow boots and a gorgeous little satchel from topshop to add a bit of interest for a really casual, kicking up the leaves feel.
 My 2nd look, centre is inspired by the 20s vintage flapper girl feel, with a very elegant embellished black sleevless blouse, silver leaf earrings, brocade bag in gold and black and I just had to choose these adorable but slightly quirky vintage inspired gold lame flats, full on glamour and I think a great evening look. Far right we have a smart casual look, the grey shirt should be worn buttoned to the top, no need for jewelry the tailoring should do the talking, but I did add a more contempory twist by off setting the grey tone of the shirt, with a silver skinny belt.Team the skirt with grey tights and these sensational grey and black boots to lengthen the leg. Top it all off with this gorgeous black cape, that would work well with all these hot looks. Sx                                                      
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

11 comments:

Sher said...

Aww, thank you so much, Sharon! I didn't expect you to come up with the post so quickly:)

I love the looks you've chosen, and I agree it should be paired with black, silver or grey. I'll definitely use your tips and post the finished outfit on my blog soon:)

Thanks so much again, sweetie!!

koralee said...

Sharon....I love it!!!!! First of all I want that skirt! Then the way you dressed it up...amazing! You are a style wiz! Makes me want to go shopping today!

Maria Confer said...

The looks you picked are so perfect. I would wear them all. I seriously want all the shoes.

Oh, I can't wait to receive my prize!!!

lululetty.blogspot.com

Amelia said...

Thanks for appreciating it. I thought most people would have already seen it as I've posted it so late but I'm glad you liked it =)
Can't wait to hear from you again and I better catch up on a few of your posts.
xx

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

Fantastic job Sharon! I think the greys you paired it with really tone down the bright red in a very nice way!

By the way, I'll be announcing a giveaway on Monday I think you'll love - I hope you'll stop by :)

xo,
Crystal

Anonymous said...

I love the skirt.I love it with the turtle neck and the light flats how great.Thanks for stopping by my page and leaving a nice comment.See you soon!

UnoCosa said...

fantastic skirt!!! love tartan!!! xoxo

Sara said...

aw I love the 20s inspired look!

Friend in Fashion said...

Skirt is really cute! Love all the ways you've styled! :)
x

beachvintage.com said...

I love the way you have styled and photographed these items. Really great stuff.

Unknown said...

You are uber stylish! No wonder Sher asled you fo help.. Love the outfits you put together!! Can't wait to see Shers take on this skirt!

fashionable frolickers

This chic little rectangle is just waiting to be filled with your thoughts ....